Lyon, France - Where to visit?

Part two of my Lyon trip! Basically this will be dedicated to places to go and to check on your trip which include church, museums and other touristic sites! I will only be talking about my recommended ones!

1. Basilique Notre Dame de Fouvière - 8 Place de Fourvière, 69005 Lyon
You might think "What's makes this church any different with the other thousands of churches in France?". Answer : style and location. The church has a Romanesque architecture with the most beautiful dark green-gold-blue ish tone mosaic all over the ceiling, walls, floor that creates the most elegant and rich ambiance. Plus it is located on top of the Fourvière hill, which offers the most breath-taking view of the city.

2. Musée Confluences - 86 Quai Perrache, 69002 Lyon

This is probably recommended by a lot of people because of the architecture, which for me has a little bit of the Fondation Louis Vuitton vibe going on - btw not saying that it was copying Fondation LV since was built way before and they were designed by different architects (Coop Himmelb(I)au - Musée Confluences and Frank Gehry- Fondation LV) but what impressed was their collection. The way they present knowledge about science and society is very visual, engaging, hands on and definitely informative & interesting . I saw a lot of kids there and they were very excited to try on and touch things. 
I didn't pay a single penny because I'm a student, but for the price tickets, you can check it here

3. Musée Miniature et Cinéma - 60 Rue Saint-Jean, 69005 Lyon
Super duper recommended if you are into films and curious to know how fantastic effects are made! I mean even if you're not very geeky about movies, it is still super recommended! It has 8 different sections / space with the 1st space dedicated to 'Perfume : the Story of a Murder' set ( SUPER GREAT MOVIE BTW), then some space for visual effects, costumes and others. I was so excited when I found out that temporary exhibition was displaying sets of The Grand Budapest and Fantastic Mr. Foxby from the one and only Mr. Wes Anderson (only until 31 of May, so go check it out) and the last 2 spaces was dedicated for the miniatures created by Dan Ohlmann which turned me into his fan after seeing it. 

I payed €6,5 euros as I am a student, but for adult is € 9. Other rates listed here
Seriously guys, MUST VISIT

4. Musées Gallo-Romains
Its a Roman arena ruins basically and also the museum which carries Romans History. To be honest, I didn't go inside the museum as I was already drained by the boiling weather, so I can't really say much, but I did chilled down and contemplated about life around in the arena and I really enjoyed  it.

It is located only a few hundred meters away from the Basilic a.k.a also located on top of the hill, thus giving us a great view. Totally enjoyable if its sunny, so it's great for Spring and Summer time, I would say visiting this during Winter time is a suicide.

5. Mural Paints
Fun fact! Lyon is a pretty artsy city. You will definitely bump into so many vinyl & poster store, hipster kids and mural paints! I'm talking about huge paints that looks completely realistic! I found a few just by walking around different neighbourhood. The one located in 36 Boulevards Des Canuts is particularly famous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aloe Vera : The Super Plant

Lockdown situation

Sakura